Howdy Hunters!

Welcome to No Fly Zone Waterfowl Outfitters!

No Fly Zone Waterfowl Outfitters - Resources & Licensing

Agreement for Guided Waterfowl Hunting Services Form:

If you haven't already, please be sure to fill out this confirmation and liability agreement form.

Hunting Licenses:

Hunting Licenses can be purchased through the Government of Saskatchewan. You will need to create a HAL Account if this is your first time purchasing a Hunting License for Saskatchewan.

Licences are available:

  • Through your HAL account any time;

  • At any Saskatchewan hunting licence issuer;

  • At a Saskatchewan Ministry of Environment or select provincial park office

  • Order by phone using a credit card at 1-855-848-4773 (8 a.m. to 9 p.m.).

    Please allow 10 business days for delivery. We recommend purchasing your hunting license’s at least one month prior to your booked hunt with us.

You can also download the SK Hunt & Fish mobile app. This allows you to manage your license from your mobile device .

Where to Fly into:

Saskatoon John G. Diefenbaker International Airport, code YXE is the airport you will fly into.

Car Rentals:

It’s recommended that hunters rent a vehicle for the duration of their stay with us. There are five car rental agencies that operate from the YXE airport, with vehicles located just outside the terminal.

  • Avis Car Rental 306-652-3434

  • Alamo Car Rental 306-500-0120

  • Budget-Rent-A-Car 306-244-7925

  • Enterprise Rent A Car 306-664-7925

  • National Car Rental 306-665-5665

What to Bring:

The weather conditions in Saskatchewan can greatly impact a waterfowl hunt. You will need to pack warm clothes and many layers for weather ranging from the upper 20's F to the mid 60's F. Be ready for both hot and cold weather. Rain gear, waterproof hunting boots or knee boots, face masks or face paint, gloves, headwear, headlamp or flashlight, locking gun case for the plane ride, soft gun case for trip to the field, shotgun shells, blind bag or small pack, a camera and your shotgun. If you don't want to bring your firearms into Canada we do offer shotgun rentals for $50/day.

Entry into Canada:

Getting into Canada is not difficult as long as all of the proper documents are filled out and you have all the paper work you need. All hunters must have a government issued passport. A passport is required for travel between the U.S. and Canada. Government issued ID, drivers license, passport, government or state issued photo ID (all minors must have proof of ID).


Contact NFZ and your nearest Canadian Embassy, or consulate with your record and situation to ensure customs clearance into Canada.

For additional assistance, please reach out to Kara Dyer with Beyond Border Solutions Consulting.

Declaring Firearms:

When you bring your gun into Canada you will need to fill out a Non-Resident Firearm Declaration (Form CAFC 909) that is provided below. When filling out this form be sure that all the information is accurate.

Complete the form but do not sign the forms until you are in the presence of a Canadian Customs officer as he must witness your signature.

There will be a fee of $25.00CAD (may be subject to change) that you will have to pay at the Custom's Office. When completed, this process gives you your permit to get your gun into the country. Form CAFC 909

Canadian Firearms Centre 1-800-731-4000


The border will only allow you to bring in 200 rounds of ammunition duty free per person. Most airlines will only allow 11 lbs, but you will need to check with your local airlines.  Your paperwork for your firearm will allow you to purchase ammunition in Canada as well. In fact, don’t bother hauling ammunition or making a special stop at all. We can sell you all of the ammunition you need for your hunt with us, and often at a better rate than local retailers.

Gear up for an amazing hunt!

— John Prosak

Images are Copyright of Joel Bo Jones and No Fly Zone Waterfowl Outfitters